Queen City Bike’s Frank Henson has done a bang up job at QCB – his latest success is talking Norton, the billboard folks, into providing space for “PSA” type announcements. The Three Foot Law Billboard was released today – it looks pretty groovy.
There are a number of subtle things going on here
– The cyclist is NOT a lycra clad racer on a racing bike made of the latest molecules of unobtainium.
– The cyclist is NOT on top of the white line, but is taking a good lane position.
– The Motorist is crossing the centerline.
– The centerline is a Double Yellow – reinforcing the fact that Ohioans, since 2006, have been permitted to cross the double yellow line to pass a slower moving vehicle.
The logos at the bottom include MY new logo – [I gave a few bucks to QCB to help get this billboard done] along with the Ohio Bicycle Federation and others who helped make this happen.
The Billboards will go up for Bike Month in May – and hopefully stay up through the summer riding season!
Great Job FRANK!
- Ride to Support Safer Ohio Bicycling Bill | Consider Biking
- Consider Biking E-news: May 2013 | Consider Biking